Provide administrative support for the staff of the research division, primarily assisting the Vice Presidents for Research and Directors of Research. The Research Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of support, including coordination of calendars and scheduling meetings and conference calls, preparing and processing travel/expense reports, processing invoices, creating and maintaining reports/databases, and other related administrative duties.
- Arrange travel, including domestic and international flights, lodging, and ground transport for Vice Presidents and Directors of Research;
- Coordinate, process, and submit travel documents including visa applications, passport renewals, travel support documents, and other related materials;
- Provide travel support for research staff and external colleagues, as needed;
- Process and assist with expense reports, reimbursements, and other invoices for research staff;
- Submit expense reports and reimbursements for the Vice Presidents and Directors of Research;
- Track division-wide expenses for large conferences and projects;
- Prepare for and coordinate meetings including, but not limited to, drafting meeting agendas, organizing materials for distribution, reserving rooms, ordering and setting up catering, escorting guests and taking minutes;
- Draft, proofread and format documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, ensuring accuracy;
- Assist with orientation and onboarding of new staff to the division and to the Institute;
- Copy, PDF and circulate materials requested by staff;
- File materials and publications;
- Track staff publications and activities via an internal database;
- Archival responsibilities include maintaining select electronic and paper files; and assisting project managers in archiving projects;
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively and expeditiously, effectively manage deadlines and follow through on projects
- Perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- One to two years’ administrative assistant experience; experience supporting an executive level position a plus
- Must have highly developed communication and organizational skills with careful attention to detail, and ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and multitasking, and working with colleagues across divisions;
- Interest or experience in social sciences or women’s/reproductive health a plus;
- Sense of professionalism and responsibility, and good judgment in performing tasks and in handling confidential information;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access or other database applications Experience with PowerPoint and reference software a plus;
- Occasional availability outside of normal working hours
Salary and Benefits
Salary in the mid $40ks to low $50ks commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, commuting subsidy, and generous time off.
The Guttmacher Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- To apply, submit resume and cover letter here.
- No telephone calls will be accepted
- No agencies please